OK, so your business strategy shows where you’re going, why you’re going there and how you’re getting there. Its logical, stands up to challenge and motivates action … (No? You’re not alone)
But assuming yours does … why is it failing?
1. When did you last update it?
2. Did you get key stakeholders involved in creating and owning it?
3. Does everyone understand and buy into it?
4. Do you adjust it when the landscape changes?
5. Do you celebrate it’s successes?
6. Do you really believe in it or did you write it because you thought you should have one?
I know that’s 6. It could be 10, 20 or 45 (Google it).
There’s lots of technical and logical reasons why you need a business strategy. But bottom line is you need it to guide you when things get tough. To remind you what you’re doing and why. To bring unity and clarity. To guide your tough decisions. To get you back / keep you on track.
Set some time aside, get your facts and figures to hand, get your old strategy doc out, write down an outline and start filling in the blanks.
If you’re still having trouble with it or just want some assistance … feel free to contact me and we’ll tackle it together.
#business #businessadvice #strategy #businessplan #recruitment